Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This lesson is part of the Harmony category.|
- Students will be able to identify and analyze different types of tonicization in a musical composition.
- Students will be able to create a chord progression which includes a tonicization.
- Discussion and definition of the concept of tonicization
- Discussion of different types of tonicization using dominant and leading-tone chords
- Harmonic analysis of tonicizations in different types of music
- Composition and improvisation of a tonicization of a given chord in a key
- Analysis of tonicization in written and recorded music
- Inflection of a given diatonic musical excerpt to add tonicization
- Composition of a chord progression which uses tonicization
- Spelling Tonicizing Chords in Basic Form (Finale | MusicXML | PDF)