Timbre & Articulation
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This lesson is part of the Fundamentals of Sound & Music module.|
- Student will be able to notate and interpret/define various articulation symbols.
- Students will be familiar with ADSR sound envelopes and their components.
- Student will be able to relate different aspects of the attack envelope with perceived articulation and/or dynamic.
- Student will understand the relationship between pitch, loudness, and timbre.
- Student will be able to derive the harmonics for specific wave shapes given a fundamental frequency (triangle, sawtooth, square).
- Music Theory for Musicians and Normal People: Dynamics and Articulations
- Smack my Pitch Up:
- Music Technology Musician:
- Vienna Symphonic Library Instrumentology (Individual instrument examples for illustrations of articulations)
- Chrome Music Lab Oscillators
- ADSR Envelope Simulation
- Chrome Music Lab: Spectrogram
- Academo Virtual Oscilloscope
- (Software) Audacity
- Teropa Harmonics Explorer
- Discussion and definition of ADSR envelope with demo.
- Illustration of articulation with different instruments, comparison of oscilloscope/spectrogram with ADSR envelope graph.
- Alteration of harmonics for various wave shapes (demo).
- Visualization of timbre changes on spectrogram/oscilloscope.