Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This lesson is part of the Fundamentals of Twelve-Tone Equal Temperament category.|
- Students will be able to construct any type of seventh chord with a given note as root, third, fifth, or seventh.
- Students will be able to invert any type of seventh chord with a given note as root, third, fifth, or seventh.
- Focus on: MM, Mm, mm, dm, dd, mM chords.
- Student will be able to derive seventh chords from a major and minor scale.
- Student will be able to notate 7th chords in various notations (figured bass or lead sheet notation).
- OpenMusicTheory: Triads & Seventh Chords
- MusicTheory.Net Tutorial:
- Teoria.com Tutorial:
- Music Theory for Musicians and Normal People:
- How Music Works:
- Hutchinson, Music Theory for the 21st Century Classroom
- Tobey, A Feeling for Harmony: Figured Bass Chord Inversions
- Music Notes Now: A Complete Guide to Chord Symbols
- Discussion and definition of seventh chord types including classical and lead sheet naming conventions
- Construction and performance of a given seventh chord
- Writing seventh chords
- Identifying seventh chords