Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This lesson is part of the Electronic Music & Sound Production category.|
- Students will be familiar with the acoustic studio environment and with the process of adding reverb electronically.
- Students will be able to add reverb to a flat recording to achieve a given musical effect.
- Ask•Audio: Schwartz, "Synthesis Survival Guide: Filters"
- Landr: Trandafir, "Audio Effects: The Beginner's Guide to Shaping Your Sound"
- Audacity: "Principles of Delay Effects"
- Haas, Introduction to Computer Music:
Listening or Videos
- Effects 101:
- Discussion of the ideal acoustic recording environment and demonstration of using reverb to affect a flat recording
- Analysis of music which uses different types of reverb
- Recording a track in a studio environment
- Using digital audio software to add reverb to meet given musical criteria
- Analysis of unique reverb usage in recorded music
- Adding reverb to a track to meet given musical criteria