Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This lesson is part of the Harmony category.|
- Students will become familiar with the concepts, sounds and structures of quartal harmony.
- Hutchinson, Music Theory for the 21st-Century Classroom
- Rubin, "Quartal Harmony"
- Jazz Guitar Online: Laukens, "Quartal Guitar Chords, Harmony & Voicings"
- Discussion and definition of quartal and quintal chords
- Identification and analysis of music which features quartal harmony
- Composition and improvisation of a chord progression which use quartal and quintal chords
- Analysis of quartal harmony in written and recorded music
- Composition of chord progressions which include quartal and quintal chords