Pantriadicism & Chromatic Mediants
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This lesson is part of the Harmony category.|
- Students will become familiar with different levels of pantriadicism and suspended tonality, including chromatic mediants and non-functional harmony.
- Students will become familiar with the basic concepts of neo-Riemannian theory.
- Musicology Now:
Listening or Videos
- Discussion and definition of chromatic mediants and non-functional harmony, both within otherwise tonal constructs and as independent forms
- Macro-harmonic analysis of pantriadicism in different styles of music
- Improvisation of pantriadic chord sequence
- Composition of pantriadic chord sequence to accompany a given melody
- Analysis of quasi-tonal and post-tonal techniques in written and recorded music