Filters & Effects
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This lesson is part of the Electronic Music & Sound Production category.|
- Students will be familiar with the concept of filters and effects and how they are used to manipulate sound.
- Students will be able to use filters and effects on a sound to create a given musical effect.
- Ask•Audio: Schwartz, "Synthesis Survival Guide: Filters"
- Landr: Trandafir, "Audio Effects: The Beginner's Guide to Shaping Your Sound"
- Audacity: "Principles of Delay Effects"
- Haas, Introduction to Computer Music:
Listening or Videos
- Effects 101:
- Empress Effects: "How Does a Phaser Work?"
- Joe Quick: "Phaser and Flanger Basics"
- Discussion and demonstration of filters and effects, including within digital audio software and through the use of effect pedals
- Analysis of filters and effects in music of different styles
- Use of software and hardware to modify sound to meet given criteria
- Improvisation using filters and effects in live performance
- Identification and analysis of filters and effects in recorded music