Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This lesson is part of the Electronic Music & Sound Production category.|
- Students will be familiar with historical and contemporary electronic instruments.
- Students will be able to design a MIDI studio to meet a given musical need.
Listening or Videos
- Crab, 120 Years of Electronic Music
- Soundfly: "A Brief History of Synthesizers"
- MIDI.org: MIDI Tutorials
- Haas, Introduction to Computer Music:
- Discussion and demonstration of electronic instruments (e.g., theremin, synthesizer, electric guitar)
- Discussion and demonstration of a MIDI studio, including outboard synthesizers and various controllers
- Performance and improvisation using electronic instruments
- Identification and different electronic music in recorded music
- Designing a MIDI studio to meet given musical criteria