Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This lesson is part of the Rhythm, Meter & Form category.|
- Students will become familiar with colotomic structure.
- Sumarsam. "Melodic Organization." (Introduction to Javanese Gamelan, 2002).
- Becker. "Hindu-Buddhist Time in Javanese Gamelan Music." (The Study of Time IV, 1981: 161-172).
- Goldsworthy. "Cyclic Properties of Indonesian Music." (Journal of Musicological Research 24 (3-4): 309-333).
- Discussion and definitions of colotomy
- Analysis of music written in a colotomic structure
- Group performance of a piece in colotomic structure
- Identification and analysis of colotomy in written and recorded music
- Mbenga-Mbuti Pygmy music shares structural similarities with Balinese Gamelan music.